Saturday, August 7, 2010

YOWWWWWWhat a week.

What a week it has been. Got out on the golf course this week with a guy who recently graduated Tech and I realized how bad I am at golf. Robert Pattison (Vampire from Twilight) and Reese Witherspoon were in Chattanooga this week, so the whole town was buzzing with excitement. Apparently every girl from the age of 12-28 in Chattanooga wants to meet Robert Pattison. I work near where he was staying and on Monday I was walking to Monday Lunch Prayer with some guys from my church and some teenage girl pulled the fire alarm in his hotel so that the 100 or so people waiting to see him would get to see him as he had to exit the hotel for safety reasons. I have to give props to this teenage girl for going to the extremes of wanting to see him. We talked about it at the lunch prayer and just talking about in general how we as people just completely idolize people in those positions whether its A-list actors or Christian pastors. Anyways today Taylor, Patrick Komisky, and myself went to an Acts 29 Regional conference called Fight Club X. Super convicting. Really unique outlooks on what discipleship looks like for these guys in their communities was very encouraging. And to hear how they go about it was exciting about what it could look like for each of us whether in school or post-graduation. There was one guy there from India and to hear what God is doing in India would blow your mind, and to hear what God was doing in Dr. Samuel Thomas life and his ministry was unbelievable. When the talks get posted on their website I will try to post the links to the talks. I think I can speak for all three of us in that we walked away challenged.


Top o' the morning lads and lassies,
Like Seth said, I pulled a fire alarm this week.... jk. This week was good. I turned 21 on Wednesday and got to go with my parents for my first beer and steak... delicious. Friday I went with some of my friends and my brother to a brewery called the terminal. I had a bison burger...also delicious and an oatmeal stout...not so delicious haha. My time in Chattanooga wraps up this week sadly but its been great. Ive been meeting with two of my best friends one who just recently became a Christian to talk about the bible. I've really enjoyed it and I think we are all growing in friendship and in our relationship with Christ through it. I have also been able to talk to my brother some about God. You better believe it has been awkward haha. But it is great to see God make plays. We also just got back from an Acts 29 conference...crazy. It was very convicting and challenged a lot of my thoughts about my life and goals. I am just praying that the things learned really take root and begin to shape my relationship with Christ. And dude should check them out. I say dude because it was a men's conference. That's all for now. Peace.
Taylor Batson Kidwell

1 comment: