Friday, August 13, 2010

School supplies and fruit flies

Hi, this blog is coming fresh out of the corn fields of Ohio. I am in Ohio this week for a family reunion with family I have never seen before, and it is good. It's good to talk to people you have never met before, because they do not know who I am and most of the people I am meeting are old they are curious about the lives of young people. Which is sweet cause it allows to talk about God and his greatness. Which is even sweeter, because God has been changing my heart more and more on how to share about the cross and who God is and why he would want to die for us. Through the transforming power of the gospel it brings about a desire in our hearts to where we cannot hold this good news in and the beans must be spilt. God has been changing my heart on this, not just to go through a dry presentation of the gospel, but to share with excitement, because it is a very exciting truth. Jesus in his love came to earth to redeem those who hated him....Exciting.
Psalm 1:1-3 - "Blessed is the man... whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers." Has been a verse of meditation these past few days. How I want the verses I meditate on to take root in my life, to meditate on the law and word's of God that yields fruit in my life that magnifies his name. Let his word continually produce healthy fruit in our lives.
The start of school is biting at most of our heels and we will all start back here soon, and I am excited to see every single one of yalls faces. See yins in the coming weeks. Feel free to come over to our house. Sam Metzger, Taylor Kidwell, Jeff Beckett, and myself have moved to a sweet house right next to the SOC House behind the stadium. Feel free to bring over friends and come and chill.

May the cross transform your life,
Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment